Friday, January 14, 2011

What sound does PPPPPPP make?

SO I woke up this morning in a foul mood. Really foul. One or another member of my family has been coughing, barfing, feverish or some such sicky thing for the last month. Straight. I have this new business venture that I'm crazy excited about, but the startup cost is freaking me out. It was a sleepless night for the whole household.
So I started off the day as what's known in this house as a potamus (short for crab-o-potamus). And then my sweet daughter climbed up on the couch, where I was having my pity party, and snuggled me. Then she said "I know sometimes it's hard Mommy" and caressed my cheek in that way only a four-year-old can, and I felt a ton better.
And since then the day has been great! She's been playing nicely with the baby. She GAVE him one of her old baby dolls, which he LOVES and we've named Bruce, after Nemo's shark friend. She let me do her hair all fancy in two little french braids, and then she made up a song about stinging bugs. The baby has been trying to sing along and it's utterly hilarious, since he doesn't talk yet at all.

Here's another gem of hers I have to share. Wednesday we were walking out to the car and I smelled...a smell. We got in the car and I inquired if she'd farted. She looked at me all sideways sneaky and said "Welllll, did you hear a noise?"
"No."
"Did you smell a stinky smell?"
" Yes!"
"Well, you didn't hear a noise, so I don't think I farted!"


No comments:

Post a Comment